Hello everybody.

Welcome to my blog, enjoy your stay.

Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

TT Hongli HG 1/144 Exia











Just like the review on the TT Hongli HG 1/144 Union Flag, I will now be reviewing the TT Hongli HG 1/144 Exia.

I got this at the same time as when I got the Union Flag in Miri and it costs me RM19. Quite reasonable as the original only goes as low as RM45 now as well as the R2 version being similarly priced. Off course, if you have the original or the R2, there is no point in buying this, or is there? I bought it because I thought that maybe I might mod it later on when the tools are readily available to me and create something. Hehe. =3

Well at any rate, here goes the review!

Part 1: The Box






Nothing much to say, the box looks like a Chinese version of the original Japanese box but just with Chinese and English words plastered all over.

Part 2: Manual ScansPart 3: The Bootleg
Part 3.1: Up, Left, Down, Right!



Full equip on!







Part 3: Comparisons
For most pics, bootleg on the left, original on the right.








Part 4: Delicious Action Poses!




















Part 5: Setsuna & Graham
And now, I present you a lame reenactment of the first meeting between two guys who loves mech more than anything else!






































*STAB*

Graham: Howard... Daryl... *I have avenged you...
Setsuna: Gundam...

<~BOOM~>

Exact quotes were used for the final battle because it is more epic than what I can remember. I noticed that my pictures are very lacking when I look back at the anime. ^^; Ah well, at least it kinda works.

Part 4: Conclusion
Pros
  • Not too far off the original.
  • Fair detail.
  • Stickers can actually stick and quite color accurate.
  • No extra cutting seems to be necessary.
  • Good price(RM14-19).
Cons
  • Some details are either off or non-existant though not easily noticeable.
  • Slightly blurry looking and some parts are a bit bloated though ignorable.
  • Inaccurate GN Cable color(red instead of light purple) but red is also nice. =)
  • Unfinished mold(though not applicable to all models). <- Rare case.
  • Shields do not connect to arm socket properly.
  • The arms can come off the body easily when you play around with the arms.
  • Lose "open hand".
Overall, the TT Hongli Exia is not such a bad buy. It is not that far off the original and provides decent playability together with it. The connector for the shields can be annoying when they fall down, especially when you are posing it around though. Hehe. ^^

And that's it for now. Yay, wasted some of my free time. =P

SPONSOR: www.popbuying.com CONTACT: jason@popbuying.com







No comments:

Post a Comment